How much does it cost to live in Halifax Estates?
- Each Member household pays two charges.
- The first is one-time Membership Fee of $1,800. And, Members get their Membership Fee back if they sell their homes.
- The second is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash/recycling collection and the Corporation’s mortgage payments. Lot rent is $600 per month.
- We now have control over when and why our rent changes.
- Find out more about the application process here.